At the Emergency department we see patients who require acute treatment and who have been referred to the hospital by their own General Practitioner (GP) or Out of Hours Services. This includes patients who:
- Have been injured and who have been referred by their GP or Out of Hours Services
- Have been referred to the hospital following a call to emergency services: 112
- Have been referred to the hospital for further treatment of medical or surgical symptoms
At Accident and Emergency (A&E) we receive/see/admit injured patients 24 hours a day, every day.
You cannot contact A&E directly and you cannot show up at A&E without first having contacted your own GP or the Out of Hours Service.
If you are injured, you need to:
- Between the hours of 08:00 – 16:00: Contact your own General Practitioner (GP), or a GP of your own choice if you do not have one.
- Between the house of 16:00 – 08:00: Contact Out of Hours, telephone: 70 11 31 31
Your own GP or Out of Hours Services will help you access treatment at the hospital if required.
Call 112 following a severe accident or life-threatening illness. You will be provided with contact to staff, who will ensure you will get help.
Tourists and citizens who do not have access to their own GP can during the day contact a GP in their local vicinity or the Out of Hours Service.