Extended lungfunction examination
An extended lung function examination is an examination which is used to find out more about the passage of the air flow, how large the lungs are and the capacity of the lungs to exchange oxygen and carbon dioxide. The examination is painless.
Prepare yourself for the examination
- You must not smoke on the day of the examination.
- You must not have a cold or fever.
- You must take your normal medicine unless agreed otherwise with the doctor.
- You may eat and drink normally up to two hours before the examination.
- You are welcome to drink thin liquids during the two hours leading up to the examination, e.g. cordial, water, etc.
About the examination
In the time ahead
Gå direkte til:
Brug ikke informationen på denne side til at stille dine egne diagnoser, og følg kun instruktionerne i vejledningen, hvis hospitalet har henvist dig til siden.