Faeces sample for examination of disease-inducing bacteria and parasites
You must have your faeces examined for illness-inducing intestinal bacteria.
It is only necessary to take one faeces sample.
How to make the sample
To collect the faeces, a disposable pot, a newspaper or a piece of plastic film placed over the toilet bowl can be used. It is important that the faeces does not come into contact with the water in the toilet.
- The shipping tube contains a test tube.
- Using the small scoop from the test tube, take three or four lumps from different places in the faeces, puss, blood and any mucous, and place in the sample tube.
- Fill the glass to the first white mark in the test tube.
- Screw the lid firmly onto the test tube.
- Make sure that the test tube is marked with your name and CPR number as well as the date and time of the sampling.
- Place the shipping tube in the plastic bag provided.
- Place the shipping tube in the addressed envelope provided to the Clinical Microbiological Department, Bacteriological Department, Aarhus University Hospital, Skejby, Aarhus N.
- Remember to apply a stamp. The sample must be sent first class (A-post).
- Please do not start collecting the samples on a Friday or Saturday, as the laboratory to which the sample is sent does not receive samples at the weekend.
- The sample can also be delivered to the blood test center in Horsens, Skanderborg and Odder Monday to Thursday.
Medicinsk Klinik 2 - Mave- og Tarmsygdomme
Telephone number to the nurses is 7842 6942.
The phone is open between 08.00 and 10.00 am.
Regional Hospital Horsens
Department of Medicine
Gastroenterology Outpatient Clinic
Secretariat telephone: 7842 6898
Gå direkte til:
Brug ikke informationen på denne side til at stille dine egne diagnoser, og følg kun instruktionerne i vejledningen, hvis hospitalet har henvist dig til siden.